This is our enhanced booster set available with two, three, four, five, six, seven or eight pumps, suitable for large residential or commercial premises including hospitals, to boost the water pressure up to 14.0 bar, with a water flow of up to 48 litres per second.
Using IE5 class Ultra Premium Efficient motors to reduce running costs the range has been designed to increase the pressure of the cold/hot water services within a building, where the existing incoming water mains or feed tank is not capable of supplying sufficient system pressure.
They are fully compliant to;
BS9251:2014 [Fire sprinkler systems for domestic and residential occupancies – Code of practice].
Department of Health HTM 04 Guidance for Safe Water in Healthcare Premises compliant.
WRAS approved and listed
PED Pressure Equipment Directive compliant.
All sets are fitted with our 2020 Plus controller and energy efficient, variable speed motors which continuously alter their speed to match fluctuating system flow rates. They have the latest flow-through vessels, which ensure a soft start and even wear of the pumps and ensure the smooth supply of water, meaning they run quietly.
How to Install
They require a break/feed tank with a suitable air gap for compliance to water regulations.
Pipework interconnection from the tank and to the system and mains power supply.
In order to switch to “fire mode” for BS9251:2014 compliance, the 2020 Plus controller needs to be connected to the building’s fire sprinkler system controls.
Please see the O and M manual for more information.
The booster sets can be configured to the installer’s needs to save space for fitting whilst still maintaining easy access for service and maintenance.
If there are serious access constraints, they can be assembled on site.
Features & Benefits
- Flexibility of two to eight pumps.
- Ideal for Healthcare Premises (Department of Health HTM 04 Guidance for Safe Water compliant)
- WRAS Approved and fully Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) compliant
- Can be fitted to sprinkler system compliant to BS9251:2014, saving installation time and money, as no separate booster set is required for the sprinklers.
- 2020 Plus controller
- 304 stainless steel pipework
- Stainless steel bases and panel stands with inbuilt cable runs (reducing risk of tripping on loose cables)
- No signal interference
- Built to last
- Temperature range 5°C to 30°C
- Energy saving
- Flows up to 48 litres per second
- Heads up to 14.0 bar
- Easy access to components and comfortably serviceable without interrupting the water supply. (Minimising any disruption during service visits and the engineer’s time on site.)
- Optional: Two pressure transducers instead of one; in case one of the transducers fails, to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Optional: Ergonomic wall mounted panel to accommodate access in tight plantrooms.
For further information please see technical data sheet.
Installation and Maintenance by Aquatech Pressmain
All Aquatech Pressmain products can be installed by us. Our installation service includes commissioning. They are also all available with maintenance agreements, ensuring the product will be regularly serviced and maintained by our own experienced AGM service engineers, maximising efficiency and giving you peace of mind. We also offer a 24/7 call out service in case of unforeseen problems.
For more information on installation and maintenance, or to apply for a maintenance agreement please click here.