This is our enhanced booster set available with two, three, four, five, six, seven or eight pumps.
Suitable for large residential or commercial premises including hospitals, university campuses, commercial, retail and process projects. To boost the water pressure up to 14.0 bar, with a water flow of up to 48 litres per second.
Where the booster set is required for combined domestic water & sprinkler applications to BS9251:2021, Fire Sprinkler Mode is activated by an external BMS signal our control system will switch pump operational mode for supplying the sprinkler system in the event of a fire.
Using IE5 class Ultra-Premium Efficient motors to reduce running costs, the range has been designed to increase the pressure of the cold/hot water services within a building, where the existing incoming water mains or feed tank is not capable of supplying sufficient system pressure.
They are fully compliant to:
BS9251:2021 [Fire sprinkler systems for domestic and residential occupancies – Code of practice].
Department of Health HTM 04 Guidance for Safe Water in Healthcare Premises compliant.
PED Pressure Equipment Directive.
WRAS approved and listed.
All sets are fitted with our 2020 Plus controller and energy efficient, variable speed motors which continuously alter their speed to match fluctuating system flow rates. They have the latest flow-through vessels, which ensure a soft start and even wear of the pumps as well as a smooth supply of water, meaning they run quietly.
Features & Benefits
- Flexibility of two to eight pumps.
- Ideal for Healthcare Premises (Department of Health HTM 04 Guidance for Safe Water compliant)
- WRAS Approved and fully Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) compliant
- Can be fitted to sprinkler system compliant to BS9251:2021, saving installation time and money, as no separate booster set is required for the sprinklers.
- 2020 Plus controller
- 304 stainless steel pipework
- Stainless steel bases and panel stands with inbuilt cable runs (reducing risk of tripping on loose cables)
- No signal interference
- Built to last
- Temperature range 5°C to 30°C
- Energy saving
- Flows up to 48 litres per second
- Heads up to 14.0 bar
- Soft start / slow fill
- Easy access to components and comfortably serviceable without interrupting the water supply. (Minimising any disruption during service visits and the engineer’s time on site.)
- Optional: Two pressure transducers instead of one; in case one of the transducers fails, to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Optional: Ergonomic wall mounted panel to accommodate access in tight plantrooms.
- Full 24/7 warranty for 2 years
For further information please see technical data sheet.
Ideally suited for any brand of domestic sprinkler systems that use the water booster pressure set for the domestic water supply and fire suppression.
AQUAMATIC AMV-FE BOOSTER SET WITH ENHANCED CONTROLS
- Cold Water Pressure Booster Pump Set arranged for operation as duty pump with assist standby pump(s) all under efficient variable speed motor control via Aquatech Pressmain 2020Plus microprocessor control panel requiring single/three phase electrical supply (as appropriate – see below).
- Complete with interconnecting wiring and all necessary valves and fittings which form the suction and discharge manifolds. All complete on a steel base frame.
- Designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with ISO9001 quality assurance procedures, using PED and WRAS approved components suitable for potable water specification.
- Compliant with all relevant European Community Directives as required by UK law and UKCA / CE marked.
- Automatic variable speed pump motor control by Aquatech Pressmain 2020Plus microcontroller for long term reliability and accurate pressure measurement by 392 transducer.
- Automatic alternations of all pumps to even run times with adjustable pump running time. Sequential pump starting to avoid overloading electric supply.
- Hand/off/auto switches for each pump on panel fascia. Motor overload protection.
- Electronic low water protection, interlocked door isolator, RS232/485 serial communication port.
- Data logging function, indicators for pumps run, hand, off and auto.
- “User Friendly” fascia mounted keypad for entering/retrieving data and system parameters, with illuminated 2 line LCD display for pressure, faults and information in plain English. Also indicating: Power on, System Working Pressure, System status, twin Low and High Water Level in feed tank (where fitted – see page 4), Low System Pressure, High System Pressure, Pump Hours run, Pump Failed, Transducer Failed and service reminder.
- RE-PRESS power restoration electronic safety system, offering the end user a controlled system refill following electrical supply failure, protecting against hydraulic shock.
- “BMS Enhanced” package which gives 8 volt free relay outputs, pump tripped lights on panel fascia.
- The above equipment is complete with all necessary terminals, labels and interconnections, enclosed in a sheet steel, dust and damp proof housing with lockable door to IP55.
How to Install
They require a break/feed tank with a suitable air gap for compliance to water regulations.
Pipework interconnection from the tank and to the system and mains power supply.
In order to switch to “fire mode” for BS9251:2021 compliance, the 2020 Plus controller needs to be connected to the building’s fire sprinkler system controls.
Please see the O and M manual for more information.
The booster sets can be configured to the installer’s needs to save space for fitting whilst still maintaining easy access for service and maintenance.
If there are serious access constraints, they can be assembled on site.
Installation and Maintenance by Aquatech Pressmain
All Aquatech Pressmain products can be installed by us. Our installation service includes commissioning. Products come with a full 24/7 warranty for 2 years. They are also all available with maintenance agreements, ensuring the product will be regularly serviced and maintained by our own experienced AGM service engineers, maximising efficiency and giving you peace of mind.
For more information on installation and maintenance, or to apply for a maintenance agreement please click here.